Alright, folks. Six more days to my due date. My last three babies have all come a couple days early, so it could be any day now. But some of my others have been late, so I could still have a week or two to go. Trying to guess is all a crapshoot at this point, but I can tell you we're in the final stretch and yes, I'm ready.
I currently don't feel panicked or desperate. I am definitely exhausted, definitely in pain and discomfort, but mentally I'm okay with things as they are right now. It was helpful to meet with my midwife this week. I told her I'm mainly nervous about things going dramatically differently than they have in the past, or being especially painful. I just want a labor that goes from Point A to Point B with as few hiccups as possible, and at a good pace - not too fast, not too slow. She walked me through a few things I can be focusing on to help that happen (chiropractic care, good nutrition, making sure the baby is in a good position). She said the baby is in a great position, and is so low that she doubts he/she could move out of it if they wanted to - they're locked in really low. (Tell me about it.) She said from the fullness/feel of my stomach, my due date is probably a pretty accurate estimate, so I'm assuming I probably have until sometime next week? Who knows? I appreciate her skill and experience to be able to even gauge things like that, and it really did put my mind at ease, but I suppose no one has a crystal ball.
Other than that, this week has been filled with a mix of manic projects to help me keep my mind off of waiting, and then naps and couch days because I really shouldn't be overdoing it and I pay for it later. It's a vicious cycle, but it's working for me.
Okay, so what have we been filling out time with? It has been raining so much lately, and everything is growing like mad. I should have taken photos of my potato beds to show you: they're so jungly already. The grass is also going nuts, which means Atticus has been needing to mow a lot for his clients, but because everything is constantly wet, it's been hard to find windows. Luckily, he was able to find a few times that allowed him to get everyone's yards done... except ours. And of course, this is on the heels of having recently fertilized (or, really, having overseen the kids fertilize), so everything is lush-bordering-on-wild. BUT! Our grass is actually filling in and taking back ground from the weeds and bare patches, so I have no cause for complaint. Yard improvement is such a slow process, so it's nice to see progress!
What else did we do this week? The girls did some baking and hosted a tea party amongst themselves. (Callista also invited Atticus, who was so sweet about it - he accepted the invite, drank his tea and ate his cookie, and kept complimenting Callista on how elegant the party was and how pretty she looked in her princess dress.) Atticus customized the paint job on his gun, and it looks really cool. Todd took the boys to a military surplus/artifacts store and they each got some cool gear. I showed the big kids how to deep clean the bathrooms and change the sheets, and I will be showing them how to deep clean the kitchen tomorrow. (Not as fun for them as the preceding line items.) I cleaned out the food room, started cleaning out the storage room, did a freezer inventory, and finished up switching out school books we already have. (I will order the big kids' books later in the summer, but everyone else's are out and organized, and last year's books put away.) And Todd and the boys went grocery shopping at Aldi for me, which was a huuuuuuuuuge blessing.
Today, I'm hoping to run a few errands - Home Depot to get flowers for the girls' planters, a Walmart pickup, the post office, Goodwill. Then in the afternoon, my chiropractor is coming to adjust me. (So obviously Saturday will be a nap-and-couch day, because even I can see my plans are stupidly ambitious.) Todd has the afternoon off of work, so we'll see what he ends up tackling during that time as well.
And that was our week. It really wasn't much happening, it was just a lot of busy projects interspersed with all-out lethargy (I am at the point in pregnancy where I wake up absolutely covered in drool because a) I'm so exhausted I just pass out and b) Pregnancy Sinuses make it impossible for me to breathe through my nose. The amount of drool I've produced this week is downright ungodly.)
Please be praying that today's chiropractor appointment would help with my current pain and overall alignment, and especially that labor would go smoothly!




1 comment :
this now seems like a lifetime ago.
Post a Comment