Last weekend, we met my parents at a nearby art museum to explore with the kids! Other than an insane monitoring from every single staffer on payroll, it went well. (I think the staffer:Van Voorst ratio was pretty close to 1:1, so I'm pretty sure they were playing man-to-man defense every single step of the way.) The kids did great, and were engaged and interested. There were Egyptian, Roman and medieval displays that were really amazing, and lots of paintings by artists we recognized.
This lion sculpture was carved by someone who had never seen a lion in real life. I call that mostly impressive.
Our parenting motto is "kill it before it dies," so once Oey started getting whiny about an hour in, that was our cue to exit stage right. You never want to wait until kids are melting down or begging to leave; you never want to be 'pushing' kids to stay longer in public if you can help it, or by golly you will reap what you sow. So we hightailed it out of there to go recharge with a picnic lunch.
Unfortunately, it was pouring out, so we parked at a nearby park and had a picnic out of the back of my mom's car. It was an adventure, and I think the kids had a good time!
That evening my parents stayed for Sabbath dinner before heading out.
How huge is Atticus?!
This week was more of the usual: full days of school. I wish I had more to report here; is there anything specific you'd like to know about our school days?
And that was literally the entire week. One more week until Fall break already!






1 comment :
that lion sculptor sketch artist did a great job. i think the authorities would have caught the bad guy based on his rendering.
Post a Comment