Pages

what's up weekly. (I ordered something online! And it's almost Easter!)

Happy, happy Friday!  This week has gone quickly, and I am a little shocked it's over already.  I'm looking forward to all the celebration this weekend, so bring it on!

We didn't do a whole lot this week that was out of the ordinary, beyond trying to spend as much time outside as possible.  I stopped at Home Depot to pick up some boxwoods and straw mulch to start tackling the front yard.  Our yard has been one of the biggest things I've been itching to tackle since we moved.




You guys.  Does this not look like broken teeth in a mouth full of green thrush?  But!  I'm actually weirdly grateful, because it's fun to make it my own and have an excuse to get outside and dig in the dirt.


Well.  Any effort will be an improvement I think.


And you better believe I haven't taken any in-progress photos since I started working on it, because that's just who I am.


But, I will say that I have removed most of those horrible border stones, narrowed the depth of the front bed, planted some boxwoods, and seeded grass where the bed used to be but shouldn't have been.  I'm going to be planting some hydrangeas and some foundation plantings as well.  For now I'm mostly focusing on just that left half of things, though I did define the border of that right side to make it look cleaner and keep rocks from falling into our grass.  Next year I'll get to that one.  Let's see if I can remember to get some photos soon.

Let's see... what else did we do this week?  Other than school, not much.  The chickens broke out of jail their run yesterday so we had to hunt the neighborhood for five at-large farm birds.  How do five farm birds go missing?  And how do they do it quickly?  Your guess is as good as mine.  But we did eventually find them, and then I finally ordered a drill that I've needed to secure the lock on the coop but have been procrastinating for months on purchasing, because it was an online purchase, and you know how much that paralyzes me.


Anyway, all that to say, I did finally order the drill and it should be arriving in the next few days.  After that, due to all the break-ins and break-outs from the RIY* run I built, I plan on using said drill to cover the entire chicken run with deadbolts, fingerpad locks, laser trip wires, remote access surveillance cameras, and voice-recognition entry points.  No one will be allowed in or out without the proper security clearance and personal identification.  Howitzer will still probably figure out how to go on her afternoon constitutional through the neighborhood, but the other chickens will remain secured due to their stupidity and inability to bribe the guards.

Other than that, it was a pretty normal week until last night.  Last night kicked off our Easter weekend celebration, with Todd's Maundy Thursday tradition of washing our feet and praying over us.












Today is Good Friday, so we will have a (somber, dark-colored) cheeseboard for dinner.  Saturday will be spent mostly in Easter prep (though Todd and Atticus are going shooting with some friends in the morning, which doesn't seem as Eastery, but that's okay).  Then Sunday is Easter!  Looking forward to a weekend of reflection, good food and celebration.




Happy Easter, friends!

If you think of it, could you pray for Oey?  She has been having the hardest time teething her molars.  One is through, but the others have been giving her issues for over a month and still haven't popped through, so she's in quite a bit of pain and discomfort.  I wish I could make it go faster for her!  Thank you for praying.



*RIY: "Ruin it yourself"

1 comment :

todd said...

there is no one else I'd rather have ruining our stuff.