Pages

Well, howdy, folks.  It's me again, your friendly neighborhood blogger.  Unfortunately for my job security, I have very little to report this week. So bear with me while I try to extend very little news into something worth reading.

Last Friday, we went to Leavenworth to be present at the inspection of our new house.  




Long story short, the inspection went really, really well.  The house is going to work out well for our needs, and is in fantastic shape.  The yard is small, but I met the owner of the large green space behind our property, and he said the kids are welcome to play back there.  There is unexpected extra storage above the garage (this house has so much storage!), the mechanicals are all new and high end, and I found out the washer/dryer are SPEED QUEENS!  Oh, how good the Lord is to me.

It was a quick trip there and back.  The kids were pretty tired.


I call this photo, "Road Rage."


I call this photo, "The Long and Winding Road."


I call this photo, "Driving Miss Daisy."


On Saturday, Lolo came down with a bad fever and headache, and started throwing up, and some of the other kids felt under the weather.  So on Sunday, I stayed home from church with the sickies, and Todd took the healthy kids.  We love our new church here in town so much, and we only have a few weekends left here before the move, so I was really disappointed to have to miss the service.

By Monday, everyone seemed to be on the up-and-up, so we ran a couple of errands.  I haven't been grocery shopping for almost a month because I've been trying to use up what we have in our pantry and freezers, and GOOD GRAVY GROCERIES ARE EXPENSIVE.  Seriously, the difference a month has made in prices is just staggering.  Anyway.  We ran to Walmart, Aldi, Natural Grocers and Target, and then I keeled over dead from exhaustion and poverty.

And then it turned out that the kids were not, in fact, fine.  Poor Rocco was running a fever, Lissy had a migraine and started throwing up, all of them started developing wet, chesty coughs.  Even Ophelia got it, with lots of nasty snot and a raspy little cough.





Needless to say, that has been the majority of the rest of our week.  Penelope did help me pack up a good number of boxes from the garage on Wednesday and we sent another load to the storage unit.  But really, the biggest work of the week has just been holding down the fort while the kids are under the weather.  It isn't major sickness, just drawn out, which is tiring in a family our size.  So it has been the right call to not try to extend ourselves further.  We watched lots of afternoon installments of Anne of Green Gables and laid low.

So that has literally been our whole week, and is why I have very little to report.  To make it up to you, here is a little farewell salute from your friendly neighborhood Joes, compliments of the Van Voorst boys:




YOOOOOO JOE!

3 comments :

todd said...

i'm glad it's worked its way through most everyone at this point. we had a good, long stretch without any ickies and hopefully this one is followed by another good, long stretch

Anonymous said...

What are these dolls?? I like! I have looked multiple times for good quality military toys for our boys!

Paige at The Minivan Voorsts said...

Most of them are G.I. Joes the boys bought off of Ebay. Some are the brand Click N Play on Amazon. My favorites are the vintage GI Joes - they seem to hold up better.