Our biggest news is that SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER! I took the kids to Andy's for celebratory ice-cream-for-lunch on Friday.
We also got some Last Day of School photos taken! (Someone give me a medal!)
I spent much of the afternoon on Saturday packing, which always seems to create more of a mess than it solves. Then on Sunday morning, our realtor texted to ask if we could have an early showing of the house THE NEXT DAY. Um. Sure.
Luckily, it didn't work out for them to see it on Monday, so they're going to be looking at it today instead. It bought me a few extra days for packing, cleaning and running errands before having people in here but also... it's still not even technically on the market for another week, and it shows. I'm hoping they like it and make an offer today, and save us the trouble of actually listing and showing it, but we'll just have to see.
In addition to packing, we've had a cleaning lady come give us a bid, and the glass guy is coming today to replace the glass in the back door (where a precious child assumed he was locked out and banged on the glass with his fist, trying to get someone to let him in... only to discover the door wasn't even locked). Atticus has had speech therapy, Juni went in to the eye doctor's office to get her glasses picked and ordered, we all had chiropractor appointments and I've made runs to consignment and Goodwill. And in between all of that, I've been packing packing packing. I'm making headway but still have a long way to go before it's ready to list. And I'm still breastfeeding obviously, which affects how much energy and time I have to give to everything else. Good gravy, I'm tired.
So I'm going to punt the hard work of blogging over to photos of the kids playing with the chickens, so I can take a little typing breather.
I've taken to calling Penelope, "Mother Hen." She has taken over responsibility for the chickens and is so good with them.
They moved out of their kiddie pool "brooder" and onto the grass under the coop. They seem pretty happy about it.
DeeVee looks like he got picked to be dodgeball captain. Cock of the walk, if you will. Still looking for a home for him.
Chicken chasing at night, to get everyone squared away in the coop.
Okay, that was a nice little break. So now I'm going to tell you that OPHELIA TURNED FIVE MONTHS OLD. This lady has everyone wrapped around her tiny, perfect little finger. She is smiles and snuggles and all good things. She is bald. She is blonde. She has one tiny tooth. She sucks on her bed while she falls asleep. She already finds Callista to be simultaneously the most hilarious and most infuriating sibling, so she has clearly already gotten a feel for the house vibe. She still sleeps next to our bed in the pack and play, and I wouldn't want it any other way - I love watching her sleep before I fall asleep. She is happy and content to just lay on the couch and watch the chaos unfold around her - so far, she doesn't seem super motivated to roll around or anything, but I think it's because of self-preservation, and the fact that she is rarely set down long enough to figure it out. Everyone just adores her.
Okay, I think that covers most of the week. Here are Juni and Callista to play you into the weekend:
Happy weekend, everyone!



























2 comments :
i know i keep coming back to it, but every Friday post i am reminded of how full life is. full of good things. overflowing so much so that i feel like i miss many of them. i don't have arms big enough to corral them all. it is a good, full life. what a blessing. the busyness of blessing is easily preferable to the serenity of sterility.
Junipers face in the window in the picture of Callista killed me! Lol
Post a Comment