Pages

what's up weekly.

I'm going to shoot you straight: it's been a rough stretch around here over the last couple of days, with the kids being sick and my dishwasher not working, so I'm going to make this short and sweet.  BUT I will go ahead and back up to the weekend, back when everyone was healthy and adorable and I had endearment to spare.

I would like to highlight a few megacuties this week: First up, Juni Bear.

She plays piano, she rocks a tank top, she has hair long enough for two (read it, two) piggytails now... is there anything this girl can't do?





Oh yeah, she also insisted on sitting on the potty this week.  She has been ready to potty train for a while now - she always tells me she has to poop before she goes, and basically begs to use the toilet rather than go in her diaper.  Then as soon as she goes, she begs to be changed.  I know I should have jumped on this opportunity sooner, but the truth is that we have a couple of long road trips planned for over the summer, and it is so much easier to travel with a diapered toddler than one that requires the use of a stop and a public toilet every time they have to pee (which is often).  So I was hoping to wait until September, but I'm not sure she'll let me.  She climbed right up on the potty, sat there all relaxed (and didn't freak out once she was up so high, suspended over the pool of doom, which is the way most toddlers act when you put them on the big potty for the first time), and she strained like she knew exactly what to do next.  Nothing of consequence actually happened, but it was like she owned the toilet and she knew it.  I think it's time.







Next megacutie highlight: Rocco.






NEEDISAYMORE?!


Next megacutie highlight: Brothers with Fresh Haircuts.





Next megacutie highlight: Sick Callista, feat. Princess Dress and Ice Pack for Debilitating Headache.





This was about the point in the week when things turned south.  Todd had already been battling a pretty hardcore bug earlier in the day - fever, congestion, chills, sweats, exhaustion, headache, achiness.  Then the kids started getting hit.  Penelope, Laurelai, Finneas and Callista all got hit around the same time Wednesday night and ran fevers through the night.  Callista and Lolo woke up feeling much better, Penelope and Finneas weren't so lucky.  They really fought through the day yesterday with high fevers and bad headaches.

Luckily, none of the rest of us have seemed to come down with it yet (knock on wood), and also luckily, today is technically our last day of school, but all of our sickies finished their work earlier this week.  Atticus is the only one with a couple of things to wrap up, and he is feeling fine so far, so we seem to have crossed the finish line!


While the kids were strung out yesterday, I needed to step outside for a bit of a breather, so I took the opportunity to hang a clothesline between two of our trees.  I have wished for a clothesline since we moved in - our Story City house had both indoor and outdoor lines, our Cedar Falls house had indoor lines, but I have nowhere to hang dry large items here.  I have tried to figure out where to put posts, and tried to calculate how much it might cost, but a couple weeks ago I just got realistic about things and bought a couple of eye bolts and a loop of wire at Lowe's.  $10 and 10 minutes later, here we are.



Now.  It's time to gird up my loins and face my Friday.  Happy weekend, all!

1 comment :

todd said...

it has been quite the week indeed.