Pages

what (very little) was up weekly.

Hello, hello! How you doin' this fine Friday?



I'm fantastic, thanks for asking!

There was little of note this week, so I'll blitz through our lives as though you can boil 168 hours, and nine human lives, into a bulleted list like it ain't no thang. Watch me gooooo!

1.  Yesterday, I was like a woman possessed.  I painted my nails, took a shower, put on real-person pants, AND put on makeup, and never went anywhere.  I did it just cuz.  And the kids were spooked.  "What kind of ill wind is blowing...?"

2.  A while back, we bought Callista a wagon with her birthday money.  Well, the darn thing was a complete beast to assemble, so it's been sitting in the garage in half-done misery for a couple months.  Todd finished it up this week, and the kids have had a ball pulling her, and each other, around the yard.





3.  I started and finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn in less than 48 hours, which was a feat considering I've really been lagging in my reading lately.  I realized I need more fiction right now, so I started the next book in the Anne of Green Gables series (I'm slowly making my way through those for the first time) and Gone with the Wind.

4.  I'm still reveling in Fall - I haven't yet got up my hackles against winter, so I'm just luxuriating in leaving the windows wide open, lighting candles, sleeping with the down quilt on our bed, and walking around in slippers.  I'm also loving the fact that the poison ivy has almost given up the ghost for this season - only five new plants spotted this week.  I like to think my CONSTANT VIGILANCE! had something to do with it, but I secretly know I have the cooler weather alone to thank for it.

5.  Four words: PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE - OOFDA, AMIRIGHT?  I feel a bit sucker-punched, but also weirdly optimistic now.  If the debates don't matter, as they clearly don't, then all I have to do is vote based on the candidates' records.  Who knew it could be that easy?!

And that is literally all the news that this week held.  Not that I'm telling you how to live your life or anything, but I wouldn't hold it against you if you bragged to all your friends that you know me.  "Yes, that Paige Van Voorst.  The one who lives such a jet-setting lifestyle, all from the comfort of her own threadbare bathrobe."  It's this kind of name-dropping that just might help you land that promotion you've been coveting.

1 comment :

todd said...

my resume' at this point is just a post it with teamvanvoorst.blogspot.com written in my neatest handwriting.