Pages

back to school!

Well, well.  Look at that.  I didn't post when I said I was going to.  So, as a peace offering, I give you the kids' Back to School pictures that I promised six weeks ago.  See, I sometimes follow through.  Eventually.












In school news, we have finished our first six-week stretch, and are on break this week.  Things are actually going well - really well.  We have hit a rhythm that seems to work for everyone, and our days feel so smooth.  

The only thing I haven't figured out is when to fit piano practice into the days for all the big kids.  I'm thinking I would like to get a piano for the basement family room, so they can practice there while I'm doing read-alouds with other kids in the upstairs living room.  If you have any leads on a local, small-ish upright piano that's in good shape, let me know!  (And yes, I've thought of just getting a keyboard, or moving read-alouds to the basement to free up the living room for piano practice.  Neither option is a good fit for us at the moment.)  I've been on the hunt on Craigslist, but none have been listed in town, and I haven't been able to hunt Marketplace since I got off of Facebook.  (And good riddance - FB is a crapstorm right now, am I right?  Stay safe out there, web surfers.)

We spent our first day of break yesterday enjoying the beautiful weather.  I got some fertilizer down on the front lawn, the kids played outside for hours, and I cleaned out the garage.  I got the houseplants ready to come back inside later this week, and I made soup for dinner.  The seasons are changing, and I'm loving it!

Happy "Back to School"!  (Or, should I say, Happy "Still in School, but On Break, but Back to School Next Week.")

4 comments :

todd said...

i love their first day of school photos and getting to see what they put on their chalkboards. God has given us great people to call our family. St.-Anne's-on-the-Hill is my favorite school. can i be the mascot? by that i don't mean the S-A-O-T-H Fighting Todds, but can I be the guy who dressed up like whatever our mascot ends up being? i think i could conjure some serious enthusiasm as i cheer everyone on!!!

todd said...

i could be the man behind the mascot. people who say, "who was that mascoted man?" and i'd know it was me, but all they would know is that the St. Anne's mascot really gets after it. #lifegoals

Hannah said...

Laurelai is absolutely adorable in her photo clutching the sign, but the kicker is Rocco peeking through the window.

Paige at The Minivan Voorsts said...

Todd, the mascot has already been decided upon: Mr. Bultitude. But you are more than welcome to be the man in the bear suit.