Pages

what's up weekly.

This week.  What is there to even say about this week?  It has been pretty low-key, and also I took like zero photos, so you'll just have to rely on my knack for painting vivid word pictures.  Just call me Blog Ross.

It stormed last weekend.  Normally I head out on Saturday mornings for a little Time Out, but I don't drive when it's icy.  So Todd drove me to the library to pick up my holds, and then we came back home and I holed up in our room for a few hours, reading my Bible and planning the upcoming week.  It was nice to be at home, but also away from the fray for a bit.

In Sunday news, Laurelai has been coming into the 'big' service at church since she turned six in August, and she has been asking since then if she can get a headcovering to be like me and Penelope.  So a couple of weeks ago, I ordered the girls matching coverings, and they were so excited to finally get them in the mail.  They looked adorable on Sunday.  Sisters are just the best.




In other Sunday news, this is how I Sunday.


I know, I know.  The celebrity life sure is glamorous, but try hard to not be too jealous.


Two of the kids lost teeth this week: Finneas parted ways with Professor Gary, his holdout top tooth, and Laurelai said heartfelt goodbyes to her very first loss, Queen Rosette Grace.  (The kids name their teeth; I feel like I should have mentioned this before now.)  They were both very excited to move on to the next chapters in their personal dental stories.




Juniper had a well check on Tuesday, where we discovered she's lost some weight.  I think it's probably mostly due to her becoming mobile since her last visit, but to be on the safe side I'm trying to squeeze in more feedings through the day, and to actually start pushing a few foods.  So far, she has been pretty disinterested in solids (which has been pretty typical for my kids - most of them don't eat a ton before eleven or twelve months) but I have discovered she really likes the yolks of fried eggs, homemade chicken broth, and the butter we buy up at the Amish, so I've been offering those to her throughout the day.  We'll see if she bulks up a bit before her weight check in a couple of weeks.



These two stinky turds leveraged their stealth to get on the counter when our backs were turned.  At least they look repentant.


The weather has been weird this week.  After the ice storm last weekend, we had a good number of days in the upper 50's.  Now we're projected to be getting another ice storm this afternoon, so we're hunkering down today.  We probably won't be headed to Shelter for our Friday walk, and I'm praying Todd gets off work early due to weather.  (It still cracks me up that Missouri businesses actually close for weather reasons.)  I'll probably spend another Saturday morning "off" at home rather than at the library, but that's honestly fine - I love being at home, so it's kind of nice to spend my time out, in.

Well, anyway.  That's what's been up around here.  Thanks for bearing with me through the interesting weeks and the not-so-interesting weeks.  Perhaps I'll have more captivating news to share next time!

1 comment :

todd said...

"Just call me Blog Ross."

Ha ha ha ha!!!