This is Stumpi, our three-footed turtle who finds herself in a state of crisis about four times a day. Sometimes I ask her how on earth she would ever expect to survive in the wild. And then she tells me that's why the Good Lord set her limited number of feet in a wide place (my house) instead of shutting her up in the hand of the enemy (basically any predator that felt like eating her after she got herself in a mess like this). That Stumpi sure likes to share a word from the Lord.
As you know, we've had lots of stuff on our plates, like living up to the pressure of being the most adorable Birthday Party Guest Ever to Grace the Planet.
It was a tough job, but Rocco was up for the challenge.
You also know how these brothers went out for a field day with our friend Josiah. I feel very safe and protected knowing these brave, strong boys are rising up through the ranks. I also feel very maternal and can't stop "goochy-gooing" at the screen and pretending to tickle their necks, because aren't they just the CUTEST?!
I like to imagine that, just prior to taking this photo, they did a choreographed street dance number culminating in this pose.
This happened:
I finally hung some art in our bedroom. I've had these beautiful Kate Ahn paintings for a while (the one on the right is a print, but the one on the left is an original that Todd bought me as an anniversary gift one year) but I didn't have frames for them. So for Mother's Day, I asked for frames so I could finally get them hung. My natural tendency would be to wait to hang them until I had curtains up, which I haven't wanted to do until I have prettier nightstands... yadda yadda. I'm a decorating loser. But I overcame my natural tendencies, and I'm so glad I did.
This print was a Mother's Day gift a few years ago.
Todd won Best and Handsomest Father of the Year Award for the tenth year running.
The kids like to play Salon, and do my hair and makeup. This time, Laurelai was on hair duty, and Finneas was on makeup duty. I somehow wound up with paintbrush antennae, but was assured it was all part of the plan. Also, I promise I was wearing shorts, but you'll clearly have to just take my word for it.
Batgirl took a break from """"fighting crime"""" (read: destroying everything in her wake) to suck on her Wubbie and cuddle Finneas' blankie. Even vigilantes are only human.
There has been a deer in our neighborhood a few times recently, which might be NBD for you ruralites, but we live in the middle of a larger city, near a major road. So we found it pretty cool, and I've decided to name her Darcy. (Remember when people were named Darcy? That was a fun ten minutes.)
I became super popular all of a sudden when I showed the kids my phone has puppy-face filters on it.
In the ongoing saga of Extreme Makeover: Janky Old Yard Edition, my parents came down last weekend with some hostas and a wheelbarrow and we made a day of it. I'll fill you in more later, but I can't help but show you All the Hostas. (That big guy in the lower right has been dubbed King Hosta by Penelope, and he now stands sentry in my new "Planter Bed in Front of the Front Porch to Hide the Fact that Some Kind of Rodent Lives Under There.")
And how do I feel about the fact that it's the freakin' weeken'? About how Rocco feels everyday.



















1 comment :
rocco is living his best life now. callista's eyes tho. game over.
Post a Comment