This week we did approximately zero schoolwork. We just had one appointment after another, and by about Wednesday afternoon, I was like, "Who am I kidding?" So we just called it a week.
Saturday morning, after my book study girls headed out, we loaded up the kids in the van and headed to Old Navy. I'll tell you more about it next week, but it's the time of seasonal clothing switch-outs, and I spent last week getting organized for a shopping trip. Once I knew what all we needed, it was time to shop, and shop we did. It took us two hours to get through Old Navy, and we still have a few things to gather from Target yet tomorrow.
Here is our receipt. Todd looks very sad.
Monday, the kids and I headed to Kansas City in the morning for Atticus' orthotropics appointment. Orthotropics are basically like orthodontics, but instead of focusing on just straightening the teeth as the primary goal, the main goal is to encourage proper development of the face and jaw that will support the teeth coming in well. (Plus prevent TMJ, mouth breathing, restricted airways, improper neck posture, headaches, poor sleep, etc. etc. It's all really amazing.) I'm super excited to get started with all of this... except that it's in Kansas City, and we'll be needing to go pretty frequently. Plus, braces are expensive. So... huge bummer there.
We spent two hours in the car, two hours at the doctor, two hours in the car, and then home. It was such a long day. I just grabbed McDonald's on the way home because I was exhausted and just wanted hot food.
TUESDAY WAS TODD'S BIRTHDAY!!! We didn't do much for it that day, since he worked and Atticus had a speech appointment and we had Connection Group that evening. We'll be celebrating tomorrow with pumpkin painting and a fun birthday meal.
Wednesday, we headed up to the Amish. While I was up there, a friend of mine texted, saying she had the day off of work and asking if I'd want her to watch the kids for a bit so I could run errands or grab a coffee or something. UM YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So I went grocery shopping. Hot stuff. (I posted a short Facebook video of what all I got at Aldi, if you're curious!)
Yesterday, Atticus had a dentist appointment to get a cavity filled and a tooth pulled. He was a total champ, and we stopped at Sonic afterward to grab him a shake.
Also happening yesterday: This little lady turned four months old! She accomplished her first belly laughs this weekend, which melted me into a puddle. She looks confused here about her outfit, and I don't blame her.
Today is totally open, so I'll either be using it to catch up on a little school, or to catch up on some reading so that I can have another book or two finished by the end of the month. I'm currently working on Abolition of Man by C. S. Lewis, and a book by the Duggars. If that doesn't sum up my life, I don't know what does.
In other random news, Penelope started her own blog this week, which is the best news I've had the privilege of conveying in a long time. Unfortunately for you suckers, it's private, but just knowing it's out there should reignite some of the fire of being alive.
Finneas also started his own Google Doc. It's a story called Bug Day with a Lobster and the title alone just slays me.
And here are the Sisters, showing up to wish you a great weekend with their sweet, cuddly faces.






4 comments :
Sounds like a great week!
Now why do you switch clothes out as opposed to just always having them out? I feel like that would have me forever dealing with clothing boxes and aren't there days like in Fall and Spring when you might need long- and short-sleeved clothing? Just curious!
bug day with a lobster is my new band name
Fair question, Lissa! We don't have the dresser space for everything at once. All our kids already share dressers, so space is limited. Plus, I like to limit what they have access to so that I'm not having to fight battles about tank tops in January!
Todd, I'd mosh in that pit.
Post a Comment