Pages

penelope, age six (for a few more days).

This girl.  Oh my word.


(Yes, she's working on getting all those barrettes into my hair, which she did eventually achieve, and yes, I'm basically in a relaxation coma from having my hair played with.  It's a win-win.)


Penelope will turn seven on Saturday, and I have no idea where the time goes.  She has grown into such a smart, sensitive, creative, funny girl, and I just love spending my days with her.  And while I love where she is now, I am so excited to continue to watch her grow.  I can already see little glimpses (and often, big glimpses) of her grown-up self in there, and I am confident that this 'knowing her' thing is only going to get better and better.  Someday, I will get to be her peer.  I will get to be best friends with her, and that will be amazing.  I will be so privileged to have a friend like her.

She spends most of her days reading, writing stories (and even whole books), and composing worship songs.  She has a steel trap memory, and tells the funniest jokes.  She has wit, and charm, and battle-tested faith in the astonishing power of the Holy Spirit. 

Annnd... she loves to type, hoping that someday she'll get good enough at it that they won't kick her off Facebook.  You know, when she gets a Facebook.




So I'm just going to spend the next few days relishing knowing my "Little" Penelope, until Saturday, when she will turn into my "Just That Much Bigger" Penelope, who will also be wonderful, I just know it.

2 comments :

todd said...

I love our little lady. she is an absolute delight. love watching her grow in wisdom, stature and favor with God and men.

the jersk. said...

you should outsource some blogging to her haha. make her an associate. it was so great to spend time with her!