Pages

time management for moms.

Time management seems to be a major issue for lots of moms, and I think that's probably for a couple of main reasons: 1) moms really do have a lot to juggle, 2) a lot of us have a ton of freedom to structure our own days, but not a ton of self-discipline, and 3) seasons with kids change so quickly that, even if you do get into a groove, it's usually just a temporary fix - you find yourself in a state of upheaval so often, it's hard to keep up.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?  Maybe it's just my life, but I kind of get the feeling I'm not alone.  So this week, let's take some time to talk about our time.  It's not a small topic!  Between tonight's live chat on the topic at 8:00 p.m. CST on the FB page, and this week's posts, I'll try to cover:

- What the Bible does (and doesn't) say about time management and goal setting.

- The difference between a schedule and a routine when planning your days.

- Identifying the four basic factors that I have found to be the most helpful when trying to iron out a flexible, fluid system that works with my personality and season of life.   

- What behaviors and attitudes I've been guilty of that have actually been major hindrances to successfully managing my time.  (I'm guessing you'll be able to relate to at least a couple of them.)

- What my average day actually looks like.

- How I have quite a lot of free time, actually, and some of the ways I personally balance the principle of 'everything costs something.' 

- How having a greater number of children has actually saved me a ton of work and time.  I swear.   (Not to proselytize or anything, but it's just one of the many reasons I'd wholeheartedly encourage you to have more kids - they really are life's littlest problem fixers.)


Dang.  I might be a little too optimistic about what all I'm able to get to without actually writing a book or something, but I'll at least cover what I can.

1 comment :

todd said...

or... you could actually write a book