Pages

these are a few of my favorite things.

aaaaaaggggh, I'm the least productive person on the planet.  My house is a wreck, I've been a no-show around the blog, and even right this second, I'm debating whether or not I should even continue writing this post because typing and eating Lucky Charms are, by nature, mutually exclusive activities and the Lucky Charms seem to be winning the battle for my heart.

Anyway.  Let me tell you what some of my current favorites are, to hopefully stave off Lucky Charms binge for another five minutes.  And, because I like lists, here's a list of some of my (current) favorite things:

1. Children over the age of five.  Helpful, funny, more helpful.  There is no downside to a child over the age of five.  

2.  Lucky Charms.  (Well, that embargo didn't last long.)

3.  Teddy Roosevelt.  I have this terrible habit of developing crushes on dead, unattractive presidents.  Abraham Lincoln will always be my primary obsession, but a few well-written biographies on John Adams and Theodore Roosevelt have really given him a run for his money.  Sidenote, who would you say has been our best looking President to date?  Just curious.

4.   CRISSMISS.  It's coming you guys, and I'm not in denial this year.  I'm all about it.  I'm thinking about buying a knife for someone on my list.  Cross your fingers that it's you.

5.  The Parenthood series finale.  I'm a tough nut to crack.  I hate crying about dumb stuff; I don't like to get emotionally invested in fictional stories (or even real life stuff, really, because I'm not a feeler. Todd lovingly calls me a black hole of emotion).  BUT.  But but but.  The Parenthood finale kills me every time.  And I weirdly like that about it.

6.  My Vidalia Onion Chopper.  I got this as a housewarming gift when we moved into our Story City house, and I use it pretty much every time I cook because I hate cutting onions (they make me cry, and we already covered how I feel about that in #5).  It has been my lifesaver.  It finally bit the dust a couple months ago, so I had to order a new one.  I love this thing.

7.  The Barak Obama/Joe Biden memes floating around.  Almost as funny as the #mormonmafia ones going around before the election.  I love me a good political meme.


And, hands down, my least favorite thing right now:

1. Aldi keeps changing up their toilet paper.  For years, it was awesome toilet paper - soft, without being linty and gross.  But idk if they're trying to cut costs or what, but lately it keeps changing.  Sometimes it's semi-soft, sometimes it's pretty rough, and this last batch I bought is so rough it is literally stiff.  You basically have to score it with a box cutter just to fold it into a manageable size.  It's like ripping printer paper to just get a piece off the roll.  And I'm all, GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER, ALDI.  I NEED YOU TO BE BETTER.


And that's what's hot and what's not at Chez V.V. right now.  What presidents or other favorites are you crushing on?

2 comments :

todd said...

My crushes are all on dead reformed theologians (who are not particularly handsome, but are theologically hot)



Anastasia said...

I've always thought JFK was the undisputedly most handsome president, but I love Jimmy Carter's smile the most.