Pages

happy birthday, todd!

Happy 38th birthday to my awesome husband.  I don't know how I got so lucky as to get him, honestly, so I can't give you any pointers if you're on your own husband hunt.  You could try crossing your fingers and hoping someone decides to slum it a little and take a chance on you.  I mean, that seems to be what worked for me.

My current favorite things about him:  the length of his beard (not too long, not too short); the fact that he's been pretty imperturbable about any minor stuff lately; that he suggests spontaneous weekend adventures and also spontaneous weekend let's-do-nothing days; that he playlists Counting Crows songs for me even though they're not his fave; that he is willing to consider buying a garage door as our joint Christmas present to each other, even though he doesn't really get anything he cares about out of the deal.  I also like it when he puts Band-Aids on my fingers for me when I inevitably stab myself with knives or box cutters or whatever other sharp object is within reasonable reach.

But what I love most about him are the things I've always loved most about him:  I love having fun with him.  I love watching him be Daddy to our kids.  I love hearing his thoughts on Scripture and doctrine and translations.  I love cracking jokes with him and watching sitcoms together.

So, happy birthday to Todd.  I'm so glad he was born.










8 comments :

Alana said...

Happy birthday, Todd! I love how you take beautiful photos, father fascinsting kids, and keep me accountable for my book choices. :)

todd said...

I'm nothing if not unflappable.

the jersk. said...

cheers to todd! one half of the best unit i know! 🍻

todd said...

VV unit

todd said...

There is one person in Australia who knows who I am. I'm international!

Alana said...

Ahem, there are three adults and one baby in Australia who know who you are.

todd said...

I get you and Harper, but who are the othe two adults?

Alana said...

My husband and my mother in-law. She thinks your beard is "rad," and mistakes Penelope for Rocco.