Pages

rocco's modern life: nine months.

Welp, now that we're less than a week away from him turning ten months old, I think it's time to do Rocco's nine-month update.



I think it's clear from the photographic evidence that he is still as stinking cute as ever.  Seriously, I cannot get enough of this kid.  Does he not just melt you?!  Look at those ears!  Look at those funny teeth and that wrinkly nose!  OHMYWORRRRRRRRD.



I have no idea how much he weighs. I was supposed to take him in for a nine-month check up, but our insurance here is wonky, and no one will take it, and I got an appointment with a doctor like 45 minutes away, and then I was like, "I just can't even."  So I cancelled it and have not put enough effort into finding a doctor closer to us.  My goal is to get a one-year check up scheduled... but we'll see if it pans out.  





I think the most notable thing about this month is that I'm still breastfeeding.  Exclusively.  He has never had formula, and I'm not currently supplementing at all.  This is the most successful I've ever been at breastfeeding.  I have prayed for this over and over with each kid, and not to jinx it or anything, but it is finally happening for me.  PTL!  (That means, "Praise the Lord!" for all you folks out there who don't throw around dorky Christian-ese abbrevs on the regular like I clearly do.)  In addition to nursing, he also loves guacamole and sauerkraut juice.

I am in love with this sweet, sweet, wonderful boy, and I'm not the only one.  The rest of the Van Voorst clan is pretty smitten as well.  What a lucky kid he is, to have such a big family of admirers!




1 comment :

todd said...

I love our little rocket sauce!