Pages

rocco's modern life: eight months.

So, Rocco has been eight months old for a while.  For like three weeks.  Whoops-o.  But better late than never, amiright?  Please forgive the lack of photos; the computer with all our photos crashed and we haven't gotten it fixed yet.  (BTW, if you could send up a quick prayer that we'd be able to recover everything, that would be much appreciated.)




This sweet boy is sleeping through the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, it warrants that many exclamation points.  He usually eats and goes down for the night around 7:00, and then I wake him to feed him around 11:30 before we go to bed.  Then I don't hear a peep from him until around 8:30 the next morning.  Yes.  Life is grand.

He has stopped spending all his waking time spitting up the entire contents of his stomach, which I'm truly grateful for.  (It's a good thing we haven't had a rug down in the living room since we moved, or that thing would be toast by now.)  There are still one or two good stomach-emptyings a day, but nothing compared to what it was.  I don't know if it's because he's usually more upright now, or what, but I. will. take. it. 

He is outrageously mobile at this point, crawling fast and cruising around the furniture.  He doesn't seem to be super interested in walking yet, which is fantastic (this is around the time Atticus started walking!) but I know it's coming sooner than I'll be prepared to handle.  He dances to music by bouncing up and down and waving his hands around.  And gosh darnit if I don't swear he has tried to clap a couple of times.

He's not super babbly, but he sometimes coos at me still, which melts me every time.  He still sleeps on his belly, and has declared the pacifier a decisive winner over his first finger in the battle for his heart.  He is snuggly and spends a few hours each day strapped to me in the Ergo carrier.  (Which I borrowed from a friend who needs it back in a couple weeks. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I don't know what we're going to do at that point, because that thing has been a lifesaver.)  We've casually started baby-led weaning, where we give him small bits of soft foods the rest of us are eating.  The other night he tried hamburger.  He'll tolerate small tastes, but he's pretty disinterested in big-kid foods still.

We have pulled out the cloth diapers for the first time since Penelope.  We're not using them all the time - public outings and night times are still "Disposables: Very Yes."  But during the day when we're at home, I've been diapering his tiny butt with cloth.  And dang, do I love to see a baby in a cloth diaper.  They're so round and squishy.

He's pretty tiny; even with a cloth diaper on, he is in 3-6 month clothing.  I'm not sure exactly what he weighs, as he hasn't had a weight check since his 6-month check-up, but he's growing slowly.  I don't think he numbers among the tiniest of the kids at this age, though, which is nice.  I'm kind of dreading his 9-month check next month with a new pediatrician.  Whenever we switch peds, it takes an eternity to convince them that nothing is wrong and our kids are just small.

And that is Rocco at 8 months!




1 comment :

todd said...

his little nose wrinkle smile melts my face off