Pages

what's up weekly.

Last weekend we headed down to my mom's for a visit.  I mean, we headed UP to my mom's for a visit.  I'm going to have to start getting used to the fact that we're southerners now, at least relative to pretty much everyone we know.

Todd had agreed to preach at a church in Illinois on Sunday, so instead of driving all the way there from Columbia, we camped at my mom's for a couple days so his Sunday morning drive would be shorter.  The kids and I weren't able to go with him, as he had to leave really early on Sunday morning and the drive was too long to trust that the kids would be in any shape to hold it together in public once we arrived.  So I'm really glad they posted it online so I can watch it.  I'm so proud of him!




While the kids and I hung back at mom's, we kept cool by playing in the pool.  I think it's evident the kids loved it.  Especially Penen.





Laurelai wouldn't get in the pool, but she did her best to keep up with everyone on dry land.  This funny lady rotates her whole lower half back and forth when she runs.  It's the absolute cutest little run and I wish I could bottle it and put it in a cupboard to pull out on dreary days when my kids are all grown up and I need a pick-me-up.  



While the big three splashed in the pool, my two littlest buddies hung out with me.




In an effort to move Rocco into the shade and keep him occupied while I waded in the water a little, I came up with the genius idea to put the pack and play under a shade tree.  At least, I thought it was a genius idea.  Rocco thought it was a crime against humanity.



And that was the major highlight of our week!  Well, at least, the one I can tell you about.  Some other stuff has been going on around here, but you'll have to wait to hear about it next week.  And before anyone starts freaking out, No I Am Not Pregnant.  I am as fully confident as a person can be... when that person is Paige Van Voorst and babies seem to appear out of thin air as if by magic every year or two.  But like I said, I'm as confident as I can be given the circumstances.  So, roughly 60% confident.

Anyway.  Tune in next week to see what we've been up to.  I'll give you a hint, though: it involves these outrageously cute backpacks:



Intrigued?

4 comments :

the jersk. said...

love the packs! my guess is that someone snagged your fam as brand reps which is brilliant. or maybe you're going to Norway for a trip. hmm. I better call :)

todd said...

I love those pictures of Penella and Lolo. Sooooo cute! Mos def rainy day pick me ups. They be on fleek!

Roberta Smith said...

I watched Tod's sermon and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing. I loved the examples of grace. He translated scriptures so people like me could understand. So I really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing. Todd you did an amazing job.


todd said...

that is high praise! thank you. better than the words of people are the words of God.