Pages

house tour: living room and dining room.

Now that we're getting ready to box stuff up to move it to our new house, I thought I'd show you around one last time.  I'm trying not to cry even as I type this post.  I have loved this house.  I still love this house.  I wish I could just pick it up and stick it on a truck and move it to Missouri with us.  I wish I could adopt it as my child.

When we were trying to arrange everything in the move to Cedar Falls, we had been house hunting, to no avail.  We had looked at nearly 30 houses, and everything was just the worst.  I cried over more than one house.  And then This House came.  I really think God brought us this house.  It was adorable.  It was clean.  It was well-maintained.

I loved it as soon as I walked in the door, so these aren't really "Before" and "Afters," in the sense that I thought "the 'befores' were totally the worst, and thank God for the 'afters.'" This House has always been This House - cute and awesome and perfect.  We just got the privilege of putting our stamp on it for a while.

With that, here is what our living room looked like:




And here is what it looks like now:



I love everything about our living room - it's so sunny and open and snuggly and pretty.  I'm going to miss you, Living Room.  You've been good to me.

From the couch, you can see the dining room.  This is what it looked like before:



And here's what it looks like now:



The kids spend so much time in this sunny room, eating, doing schoolwork, and coloring.  It's a room we all love to be in.  I'm going to miss you, Dining Room.  You've been good to us.

I'll do a couple more House Tour posts - this week I'll show you the entryway and our bedroom.  And in the meantime, I'll just live in denial about the fact that we're not going to live here until we die.

2 comments :

todd said...

the good part about that though remember is that we won't be dying in Cedar Falls

Amanda Cushman said...

You have done such a great job decorating it! I can see how it would be difficult to leave. No doubt you'll put your stamp on the new house though.