Pages

how we do... [purse prep for going out in public with a million kids].

I have always hated carrying a diaper bag.  I had one with Atticus and I just despised it - it was so bulky, and I had a nagging suspicion that many of the 'must-haves' in there could be left at home without much worry.

I will preface this by saying - I stay at home.  I don't have to leave a bag at daycare, and we're rarely out more than a couple hours at a time.  So this might not work for everyone.  I also toss the pacifier and burp cloth right into the car seat, so we have that on hand, just not in the purse.  And last, it has bitten me in the butt more than once that I don't carry an extra baby outfit (and, let's face it, mommy outfit) with me at all times, so do as I say and not as I do - take an extra outfit.

That being said, here's what I keep in my purse to make sure that I'm prepared for most situations that might arise when we're out in public.

First, here's the purse.  I like them moderately large, but still somewhat structured, so stuff isn't getting lost in the bottom.  This one has three large compartments, as well as a small zippered pocket.  As you can see, I need a new purse, as this one is starting to fall apart, but I've used it everyday for the last three years, so it's earned its retirement.



Here is the entire contents of said purse:


On the left you see my wallet (which also has done its time and is ready to be retired), and a pad of paper for taking notes or letting the kids scribble while they sit in waiting rooms.  Down the center is my first aid bag (I'll detail that below); mints and gum to be used for bribing the kids, if necessary; the ever-loving WIPES, which are used for all kinds of things - hand washing, face washing, table washing, nose blowing, etc.; pens (self-explanatory).  Down the right side are kleenex, hand sanitizer, glasses cleaner, and an extra diaper.  (Not pictured is my planner.)

In the first aid kit reside the following:



Dramamine (Atticus gets car sick). Mela-gel (essentially, Neosporin). Tweezers for the occasional splinter (theirs) and rogue chin hair (mine).  Motion sickness oil blend (again with the car sickness).  Tea tree, lavender, and peppermint EOs for common owies and ickies.  And a Tide pen, because - five kids.

And that's it.  Really.  Sometimes I'll throw a book in there, in case I have some down time to read in a doctor's office or something.  (Hahaha, I'm so naive.)  But other than that, we're pretty well set with these items!

1 comment :

todd said...

You are so pursenable