Pages

WEEEEEEEEEKLYYYYYYY (what's up.)

HAPPY FRIDAY, GUYS.

The birds are singing (the ones who are basking in South America right now, that is), the sun is probably shining somewhere behind all these stupid clouds, and we took an impromptu break from school this week, so it's been pretty good around here, other than the fact that we've been battling some bugs.

On Friday, I woke up and just felt really behind on stuff from the last few weeks, so I spontaneously declared a Snow Day and we cancelled school and I let the kids chill in their jammies and watch movies.  This one, however, decided to take advantage of vacation by getting sick.  Poor lady.  She spent most of the morning laying on the floor and battling a fever.  She refused to eat and I laid her down for nap early.



When I got her up from nap, she felt like a change of scenery was in order.



She felt a little better by Saturday, but was still running a fever Saturday night, so Rocco, Laur and I all stayed home from church on Sunday.

Atticus spent some time over the weekend cuddling his littlest brother and having a blast.  "Brotherly love" is a phrase for a reason - it's so genuine and sweet.






On Monday, Todd got the day off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which was good, since he started coming down with a cold.  I took advantage of having the extra help (sick though he was) by making a haircut appointment for Penelope and myself.  Unfortunately, no "After" photos exist for either of us yet, but I will remedy that soon.  Her haircut is adorable.  Mine is decent, too.



Monday night, I got a small shard of apricot pit in my eye, thanks to my exfoliating face wash.  It was a bit irritating, but not painful or anything.  I went to bed feeling fine.  But when I woke up and looked in the mirror, it was a whole different story.  (Look away now if you're easily grossed out - you won't be able to un-see the state of my eye later.)





Yeah, and this is the best it has looked since Tuesday morning.  Yikes.  It's been swollen, painful, and weepy all week.  It was so bad for a while that I couldn't open my eye.  I went in to the eye doctor on Wednesday morning, who said it isn't infected, isn't scratched, and doesn't still have anything foreign in there, so it's just a waiting game and it will probably take around a week to heal up.  Awesome.  In the meantime, I clearly can't show my face in public, so I've been hiding out.

Because I've been Quasimodo-ing, Todd had to be the one to take Atticus to his yearly physical yesterday.  Atticus is in the 90th percentile for height, and the 49th percentile for weight - long and lean, just as you'd predict, seeing as how that is how all Van Voorst kids seem to be made.

We're all currently coming down with what seems to be the same cold Todd had, and Atticus' ears have been bothering him this week.  So I put some garlic oil in his ears Wednesday night, and candled them last night, and he seems to be feeling better.  All the kids fell to sleep right away last night (which never happens, since they all talk and keep each other awake for at least an hour most nights), so I'm hoping their bodies will use the extra rest to rally themselves and battle the germs, and that the kids will wake up feeling better tomorrow.

And that was our week!  Whew.  Here's to hoping that we're healthier (and that I'm more attractive and less oozy) next week.

2 comments :

todd said...

all this past week aside, it is pretty awesome how seldom God allows any of us to get sick.

Rufus Wilkerson said...

How is that we can go months without so much as a sniffle, and then all of a sudden sickness rolls through the house like a hurricane! And of course it seems like once one child starts to get sick, all of them come down with something. What a crazy week for you! Having sick kids is awful enough without the parent being sick as well.

Rufus Wilkerson @ Find Clarity Vision - Holly Springs