Pages

'harry potter happy fun time yeah' is over now. everyone return to your seats.

Happy Monday, everyone!  Back to the grindstone.  We took a break from school last week, so I'm anticipating today will be a bit rocky, but it was worth it - with everyone being sick and my eye being all disgusting, all I really felt like doing last week was drinking coffee in my sweatpants while I read the Order of the Phoenix.  So that's what I did.  Priorities, amiright?

And before you go calling me entirely selfish in my decision-making, the kids were seeming to need a break as well.  Not only were they not feeling well, but we didn't really even take a full week off over the holidays, so the last break they got was when they were down at my mom's right after Rocco was born.  And with it being the end of January, when everyone feels like killing each other, it was a perfect time for them to just relax a little bit and shake things up.

And that right there is one of the things I love best about homeschooling: it's so flexible.  I knew where I was at, I knew where the kids were at, and I was able to adjust things accordingly.  We're all feeling (mostly) better now, and we're rested, so we're a bit more eager to start school this morning than we would be otherwise.

That being said, though, break is over.  I think the kids will be fine, I'm sure I will be fine, although I'm sure one of us will cry (but only one, so those are pretty good stats, right? RIGHT?!).  Plus, we're in the middle of The Wind in the Willows and Heidi, both books I never read as a child and that I'm loving, so I'm excited to get back into the swing.  But today is Monday, and I no longer have discretionary Harry Potter time to claim.  So, if you get a sec today, raise a cup of coffee and at least search out a HP quote on Pinterest in my honor.  Because, as of today, it's back to real life for the Van Voorsts.