Pages

in which you realize i'm insane and worry that i'll start LARPing and stuff.

i finished the harry potter books.

we watched through the harry potter movies together.

and i know i'm being a real git (see?!), but i'm in serious mourning.  i feel like i've suffered some real loss.  not because the books were bad, but because they were so incredibly, indescribably amazing, that i don't know what to do with myself now that they're over.  i keep wanting to find a down moment so i can go read, and then i remember i don't have anything to read anymore, and i get all sad and confused and i have no idea what to do with myself.  so then i take a bath.  that's how i deal with grief.

so in a surge of love and helpfulness, todd was all, 'maybe you should get engrossed in another compelling story.'  he even dug out our lord of the rings trilogy (which i've also never read - don't hate) from the basement.  and i admit that i was tempted.

but i just can't do that to harry.  i can't just get over him and move on to something else.  i could never be that fickle to someone so selfless and brave.

and i wish he was my kid and also my bestie and also, kind of, my dad. 

and then i'm all like, i'm pretty sure i need some serious help.

6 comments :

todd said...

Maybe you have a Harry shaped horcrux in your heart?

todd said...

Also, don’t be such a tosser.

Lisagrace Alsbury said...

my sister-in-law said it best when she confessed to me that she is jealous of her son who hasn't yet experienced Harry Potter.

just think! you have FOUR kids that you'll get to watch enjoy the same epic story that you just finished.

and, can I just say - every single person with a heart who has read the HP series feels exactly the same way you do right now. i've taken up the tradition of reading them once a year...

Heather said...

I feel partly responsible for this, so here is something to help you detox. http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/Find+Out+Your+Patronus/zachary7/the-ultimate-and-real-patronus-quiz/

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest times, when one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

the jersk. said...

just throwing this out there: doctor who is on netflix (the 2006+ seasons) and is definitely an awesome fix for your fantasy needs. usually the sentiment is the same. there's a quote that goes "The best decision of my life: watching Doctor Who. The worst decision of my life: watching Doctor Who." haha. but we love it. Definitely one of my best decisions.

Anastasia said...

This is a completely common reaction. Many times I have to talk people through this when they come in asking for a book just like Harry Potter. (Or hunger game or Tolkein.) I gently tell them there is nothing as good and try to offer ideas, but often they leave with HP #1. I offer you my condolences.