Pages

at least somebody has something worth saying. unfortunately, it's not me.

i was going to take some selfies this week, on the recommendation of seventeen magazine.  you know, to show you how to catch the right lighting, and forheavenssake avoid making your face look fat, and get a bajilliondy likes from people you don't know.  however, i didn't do it for a couple of reasons:

1. i never follow through on anything.

2. the last thing the world needs is one more duckface on their screens.


instead of going on some rant about the state of our culture, and how selfies for the sake of 'likes' are a thing, and how our young women look absolutely ridiculous, i will instead write about something else...

but what?  all that stuff seems pretty pertinent, but too mentally heavy to even attempt right now.  (hello? it's thursday.  my brain is usually checked out for the week by tuesday afternoon.)

i know!  i'll leave you a deep thought to noodle on through the day, courtesy of jack handey:

"If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine."


indeed.  if that's not the opposite of a selfie, well, i don't know what is.

always keep them guessing.

2 comments :

the jersk. said...

“I’m definitely pro-selfie. I think that anybody who’s anti-selfie is really just a hater. Because, truthfully, why shouldn’t people take pictures of themselves? When I’m on Instagram and I see that somebody took a picture of themselves, I’m like, ‘Thank you.’ I don’t need to see a picture of the sky, the trees, plants. There’s only one you. I could Google image search ‘the sky’ and I would probably see beautiful images to knock my socks off. But I can’t Google, you know, ‘What does my friend look like today?’ For you to be able to take a picture of yourself that you feel good enough about to share with the world – I think that’s a great thing.”
— Ezra Koenig

todd said...

Am I the only one who had to Google search Ezra Koenig?