Pages

van voorsts in the house. (well, not yet. but soon.)

i've been waffling on whether or not to post photos of our new house, since we don't actually own it ourselves yet and i don't know if that's creepy and/or inappropriate.  but then i decided that being creepy and inappropriate has never stopped me from making pretty much any of my life decisions in the past, so without further ado, har she blows:
 
 
 

cute, right?  and i'm seeing some big, bushy white hydrangeas in her future, planted where those cute-but-tiny hostas and peonies currently are (which breaks my heart a little, since i love me a good peony, but there are some in the back yard, so i have a bit less guilt about it than i would otherwise).  and the removal of that aluminum screen door is priority #1.  and the painting of the front door an awesome-though-tasteful color is priority #2.  and also, an american flag.  isn't she screaming for an american flag?  she's a regular betsy ross, all 'gimme a FLAGFLAGFLAG!'  then some planter pots with geraniums on the front step?  oh yessirree, i've got some plans for this little lady.

your turn to weigh in:  should i have not posted this since it's technically someone else's house still and it could technically make me some kind of low-though-still-real classification of criminal?

6 comments :

todd said...

people post pictures of their adoptive children before they are in their custody.

apples = apples

Amanda Cushman said...

SO cute! I love it. It looks so warm and welcoming. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

P.S. You did the right thing in posting it. ;)

Lisagrace Alsbury said...

If you didn't post this picture, I wouldn't be staring at it's cuteness right now and I wouldn't be able to say this:
"PAIGE. THAT IS THE CUTEST HOUSE ALIVE BUT NOT YET IN YOUR POSSESSION."

Worth it, if you ask me.

Jenni and Dan said...

Cute house! I want to see the inside...when you own it of course. Pictures of the inside with other people's stuff in it - now that might be a little creepy.

Seriously, i expect a post of the inside when you get all settled and actually live there.

The Crislers said...

Cute as a button! And that yard has so. much. potential. It's a blank slate!

YAYA said...

I will help you dig the hostas and peonies. I also think we have a second flag that would love to wave at the neighborhood from your new front porch!