Pages

SNOW DAY!

sorry about the late posting today - i'm on vacation.

earlier this week we made arrangements with my parents for the kids to go down and stay the weekend with them.  i would drive them down friday (this) morning, get there around noon, and drive home. 

however, with the forecast looking not-so-great, todd and i decided last minute to take them down last night, which means a couple of things:

1.  we didn't get home and in bed until like 1:00 last night (hence no pre-scheduled posting, which i frequently do in the evening)

2. i have a whole day to myself today to sleep in, unashamedly eat large quantities of chocolate chips without having to hide in the bathroom to do it, and watch the big old fatty snow fall.

i'm enjoying nearly every second of it, except for the times when i think about how much i miss them.  how is it that i can be so DESPERATE for a break, and the second i realize they're not here, i get all sad and lonely?  oh well.  i guess that's a good thing - the opportunity to truly miss my kids.

so today's schedule looks like this:

1. sleep in until 9:00 (check)
2. read in bed until 10:30 (check)
3. wander around aimlessly until i figure out i should eat breakfast (check) and then eating chocolate chips and yogurt (check)
4. blog (check)

soon i will shower and hopefully the forecast will be such that i feel okay driving to town.  i want to go look at wallpaper samples and curtain rods and paint chips and all kinds of other stuff that is downright impossible to do with impatient, fidgety toddlers in tow.  i'm also hoping to get some sheets sewn for finneas' cradle this afternoon.  (sewing will make me really miss those times when penelope climbs up on my lap to watch and hits the side of the sewing machine, pretending that she's spinning that wheel-thing on the side.)

it's still a little surreal, i'm not going to lie.  i'm completely unhindered by impending lunchtimes and naptimes and yet another mess to clean up before i can start on the next thing.  i want to leave for town at 1:30? whatever.  i want to shower at 11:30?  fine.

IT'S LIKE TIME HAS NO MEANING... i think there was an episode of twilight zone about how weird you feel when you're not on toddler time.

1 comment :

whenjeskasparks said...

THREE WORDS:
BUFFALO
WILD
WINGS

(two more: WITHOUT SHAME.)

(uh.. a few more: OR CHILDREN WATCHING.)

(AKA: NO MORE HIDING BEHIND THE FRIDGE DOOR OR WHAT HAVE YOU AND APPARENTLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO COUNT THINGS PROPERLY IN MY FORETHOUGHT.)

(IS FORETHOUGHT THE RIGHT WORD?)

(I DONT THINK SO.)








(... I'LL JUST LET MY SELF OUT...)


(I WAS GOING TO LEAVE, BUT MY CAPTCHA IS LABLOGEN WHICH I BELIEVE IS DUNTCH FOR "THE BLOGEN". IT'S PRETTY ACCURATE.)

(ALSO WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT I FORGOT THAT I HAD A CAPSLOCK ON SO I TOTALLY HAVE BEEN USING SHIFT THIS WHOLE TIME AND MY PINKY REALLY HURTS? TOTALLY TRUE.)


(OH, AND ANOTHER TRUE STORY: I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE JOSH AND I COME UP IN A WEEK. WOULD NEXT SATURDAY OR SUNDAY WORK OUT BETTER? LET ME KNOW.)



(....OKAY. I'M REALLY GONNA GO NOW... HAVE FUN WITH YOUR BDUBS. EAT 'EM WITH PRIDE.)