Pages

IT IS OCTOBER.

and i'm not kidding you, my garden is going stronger now than it did all summer.  i've had to cover it two nights to protect it from frost (which was a JOB, let me tell you), but i'm still getting more tomatoes and peppers than i did all summer.

and people act like climate change sucks.  all in favor of 80-degree weather in october? AYE.



but the cooler weather will mean i get at least some of my kitchen counter back, so maybe once november hits i'll be ready for some fall temperatures.


1. cherry tomatoes from the garden
2. peaches, plums and nectarines from the store (atticus would live on these alone if i let him.)
3. tomatoes from the garden
4. sweet potatoes from the garden
5. sourdough starter
6. soaking tomato seeds to save for next year
7. i don't remember - probably peppers? from the garden

also, that fish in the corner is a spawn from that one time satan wanted to see what it was like to be a fish.  its name is joey tribiani (joe-trib) and i hate that thing and regularly pray for its imminent death.  and although i only feed it like once a week, it has been alive since my sophomore year of college.  unfortunate.  maybe i'll feed it a tomato and see what happens.

2 comments :

Allison said...

Let me know how your sourdough goes! Maybe if it works for you (since it flopped for me) you'd be willing to share some starter so I can do my own as well? So glad your garden is kicking off!

whenjeskasparks said...

you apparently live in my dream house which could potentially pose a problem. to remedy this, i think when i get hitched and chock fulla babies (a wave o' babiessss) you help me decorate my house.

also, i love you i love you i love you.