Pages

by george, i've got it!

figured out why atticus' pee smelled so bad: it's time to strip our cloth diapers.  so after putting my kid through the trauma of catheterizing him, as well as paying for a trip to the ER, all i need to do is run a special washing process on his diapers.  cool.

i feel like an idiot.

also, on an only slightly related note, remind me to tell you one day about how i've been less than impressed with my soap nuts.  yes, you read that correctly:  surprisingly, berries that grow on trees don't get stuff as clean as soap does.

(plus, my sister says they look like the petrified poop that her friend brought back from the poop museum in china.  nothing screams 'clean laundry' like balls of dried poop.)

3 comments :

whenjeskasparks said...

really?
i love my soap nuts. what brand do you use?

Team Dewhurst said...

I hear you on the soapnuts... I think my biggest hang up was knowing if I wanted to do a cold load I had to have either "cooked" down some soapnuts or soak them in hot water for 10 minutes... when I want to do laundry, I want to do it, NOW!!

Not that I ever really WANT to do laundry but you get the point :-)

I never really got that super clean feeling from my laundry using them either. I use them when I wash rugs or something I don't really worry about... maybe it is the brand we got...

I've been using Shaklee launddry soap... let me know if you're interested and I'll hook you up~

paige said...

jes,

i believe i use naturoli. all the girls i've talked to have said they've had similar experiences - they really liked them at first, then everything just started to smell damp after using them for a while. hopefully you have better luck!