Pages

what i've been given and why

the whole point of life is to glorify the lord. it doesn't matter what you put your mind, your energy, your resources, your time, your passion or your relationships into, they will only have eternal value when used for the purpose of god's glory.

toward this purpose, the lord has lovingly given each person a unique set of skills, circumstances, passions, and people with which to work. call these 'talents' from the parable (talents shouldn't just refer to those things you're good at, but all the resources god has given you to use for his glory).

so i've been thinking about the talents god has given me. i know that, as a wife and mom, my main outlet for ministry is my family. the lord has entrusted me with my husband and my child (and any other children we might be blessed with), and my main responsibilities in this are to help and encourage my husband and to raise children to know and love the lord. all my energies should be directed with these goals at the heart.

i feel that perhaps my largest resource in this is my interest in learning...well, everything. i like to call it 'varied interests,' although todd can testify that i can be pretty ADD in my 'kicks' of the moment. there's always something new and interesting that i'm reading about or trying my hand at...some stuff sticks, and some efforts last around 30 seconds.

so i think i need to identify what my interests are, which ones are worth pursuing, and how i can use them specifically to benefit (first) my family and (second) others.

maybe more to come when i can narrow down my list of "pursuable" interests.

1 comment :

tivo vovo said...

thank you for serving atticus and i with your talents.