Pages

pretty eloquent for 6 and a half months, don't you think?

hi everyone, it's me again. i haven't blogged in a long time because i've been super busy. just ask my mom.

i am getting so big! i get to eat big boy food, like pumpkin, pears and carrots. (mmm, i love carrots!) i even get to sit in my highchair to eat now, because i figured out how to climb out of my bumbo...(the bumbo was sitting on the dining room table when i figured it out, too, so i got a major conk on the head when i fell off the table onto the floor, but i'm tough so nbd.) mom sometimes lets me hold the spoon when i eat, which i really like because she doesn't seem to know how to get it all over my face and in my armpits the way i like it. seriously, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

i can roll over both arms now, instead of just over my right side. what does this mean? i'm mobile. i can roll wherever i want to go. like over to mom's plants, or to the drapes, or under the bed. it's just not quite satisfactory, though, so i'm working on my crawling...i can get my knees up under me and can rock back and forth. i know this is supposed to get me moving, but i just can't figure out what the missing piece is to crawling. maybe it has something to do with moving my arms and legs? i'll figure it out soon enough.

i have not been eating in the middle of the night for a week and a half now! mom took some good advice from makenna's parents and has been feeding me an extra three ounces before bed. sometimes i wake up around 5:30 because i have serious pee-pants, but once i'm clean and dry i snooze until 7:30 or 8.

as has always been the case, i'm a huge talker. i love saying bababa, gaga, tatata, and mmmmmmm. i also love making raspberries, making oinking sounds, and making kissy noises. i don't laugh a whole lot, but i smile all the time, and when i'm really happy i like to squeal. i'm ticklish on my legs and in my armpits, and i have a sensitive spot on my back that daddy likes to rub - i turn all red and tense and my birthmark turns purple when he does that.

i started sitting up by myself! after about an hour of practice, i'm now a pro and hardly ever fall over. my favorite thing by far is STANDING!!!! standing fixes all boo-boos and all grouchy moods. i love to stand straight, then plop down and pick myself up. i love holding mommy and daddy's hands while i walk around. i can even hold onto the couch by myself, and last night i stood for a few seconds without holding onto anything!

i'm a really, really mild-mannered kid; i hardly ever cry if there's nothing to cry about, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE people!

my favorite toys are my snake pal, my singing alphabet worm, my 'bear loves opposites' book, and my red plastic cup. i also love my pimped out ride and any old magazines mom gives me to destroy.

well, i should probably go take a nap. (not to toot my own horn, but i'm an awesome sleeper - usually about 11 hours at night and 4-5 hours during the day.) it's garage sale season and all the deals tucker me out.

atticus.

5 comments :

Mrs. Alsbury said...

that boy DOES love his red plastic cup-he's always playing with it when i'm over!

also, atticus is SO smart. he posts links and everything, i just learned how to do that fancy blogging trick!

Team Dewhurst said...

He's a busy little dude! Max did the same sleep trick and super wet in the morning deal so we started putting him in Pull-ups night time diapers and they work AMAZINGLY well. They are super full in the morning but he gets those extra hours of sleep and we do too. Might want to check those out!

And it's fun because people see you with pull-ups and they are like "Wow!! You're little guy is potty trained already!!"... if only he were... :-)

lauren said...

eloquent indeed. I'm twenty and I rarely say sentences like "I find fault in this," much less at 6months. Atticus, you have to slow down a little bit.

tivo vovo said...

we're very proud of you son.

Ted n' Tiff said...

sounds like your little guy is doing great! it's always fun to get an update