Pages

"the grace exchange" by larry huntsperger

i simply adore this book. first some back story: i helped out with the jr./sr. ministry at cornerstone church back in the day and was asked to help chaperone a ski trip/retreat. during the course of the road trip, we stopped at a goodwill (rather a mcdonald's i believe with a goodwill adjacent to it). we tried on wigs, looked at funny clothes, and perused the books. i found an old heidelberg catechism which i found very interesting having grown up in the sunday school's of a first reformed church in sioux center, iowa. i also found "the grace exchange." i had never heard of it. i don't even remember the circumstances of it, whether or not i read the back, skimmed the contents, etc..., but i bought it for a nickel.

i read it a year or so later for the first time. it is amazing. it was fun to revisit again. God brought this book to me in a random goodwill on a random ski trip of which i remember little now other than the purchasing of a book that has given me great encouragement. if anyone thinks about their faith a great deal and finds such dissatisfaction in their ability to conform completely to image of Christ, this book is Godsent in its comfort and intellectual instruction. i not only feel better about my walk, but i know that it is from a Biblical source of encouragement, a bank of knowledge so hard for my overly religious mind to somehow make room. if you struggle with wondering whether or not your struggle with sin disqualifies you from heavenly membership or if you find yourself searching for contentment, but feeling guilty about it because of your knowledge that Christ is sufficient, this book will be a great companion to you. it has served me well. i have no idea who larry huntsperger is, but i know i have deeply been affected by his words.

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Exchange-Offer-Freedom-Works/dp/1565072863/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222024515&sr=8-1

Micah 7:7-9
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.


Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be my light.


Because I have sinned against him,
I will bear the LORD's wrath,
until he pleads my case
and establishes my right.
He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness.

3 comments :

Andrew said...

Out of curiosity I did some Googling and apparently he is the pastor of a church in Alaska:

http://www.alaska.net/~lrh/index.html

So, there you go. Now you know two facts about Larry Huntsperger.

Mike Myers said...

Hi! I am excited to announce that "The Grace Exchange" is back in print! http://www.lulu.com/shop/larry-huntsperger/the-grace-exchange/paperback/product-21762550.html

Mike Myers said...

The Grace Exchange is now also available as an ebook instant download!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/larry-huntsperger/the-grace-exchage/ebook/product-21764725.html